DAILY LOW SCHOOL FEES INDEPENDENT SUSTAINABLE SCHOOL PROGRAM
"Breaking the cycle of poverty through Christ centered education in Liberia"
The Daily Low Fees Independent Sustainable School Program is administered through the Changers School System which is the educational branch of Change Agent Network-Liberia (CAN-LIB). Change Agent Network-Liberia is a Christ-centered nonprofit human service organization based in Monrovia, Liberia, West Africa. Change Agent Network, Inc USA (CAN-USA) is a sister organization to CAN-LIB.
The mission of the Changers School System:
WHAT IS THE DAILY LOW FEES INDEPENDENT SUSTAINABLE SCHOOL PAYMENT PLAN?
This is a cost-effective scheme designed to make education available, accessible, affordable and attainable for the Liberian child (A4 Educational Program).
This program creates a one-stop-shop educational system for parents and students.
It provides a simplified flat rate school fees plan for every student regardless of their economic status in life.
The program gets rid of the social and economic class system in our educational program.
THE BEAUTY OF THIS PROGRAM
A daily tracking educational low cost fees card is issue to every student and parent. This card tracks students' school fees and other required payments. The vast majority of parents and students we serve, live on a day-to-day basis, this program gives them a simplified, easy and durable flat rate payment plan. It creates 100% transparency and accountability between parents/guardians/students and the school administration.
BELOW IS AN EXAMPLE OF OUR DAILY LOW SCHOOL FEES CHART
The daily low fees per student is subject to change based upon economic circumstances and location of the school in the country. This chart was designed using our most economically vibrant school in Monrovia, the capital city of Liberia called the Heart of Grace School.
LEVEL CLASS DAILY LOW FEES PER LEVEL Us DOLLARS EQUIVALENT
Level-1 ABC-K2$50.00 Liberian Dollars $ .55
Level-2 GRADE: 1-3 $55.00 Liberian Dollars $ .61
Level-3 GRADE: 4-6 $65.00 Liberian Dollars $ .72
Level-4 GRADE: 7-8 $75.00 Liberian Dollars $ .83
Level-5 GRADE: 9 $90.00 Liberian Dollars $ 1.00
Level-6 GRADE: 10-11 $95.00 Liberian Dollars $1.06
Level-7 GRADE: 12 $100.00 Liberian Dollars $ 1.11
OUR SCHOOL AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT MODEL
CAN provides the expertise in training the locals to build, operate and financially sustain their own school.
Global partners or friends of Liberia make a one-time high impact donation to purchase building materials and startup capital to launch the school.
The local community donates the school land, volunteer their time and services to build, oversee and locally sustain their own school.
UNDERSTANDING THE CHANGERS SCHOOL SYSTEM
To develop Christian leaders who have a heart for others and are critical thinkers with the life skills to transform Liberia.
A new and better Liberia free of physical, mental, spiritual and relational poverty.
- Every student acquires quality Christ-centered education in an excellent academic environment.
- Each staff is engaged, supported, encouraged, and successful in their place of assignment.
Communities and Partners
- Our partners and communities are fully informed, engaged, and committed to the educational development of young people.
- Every school is fully equipped and supported by best organizational practices and professionalism.
- GOD FIRST: Proverbs 3:6 says, “In everything you do, put God first, and He will direct you and crown your efforts with success”
- STRONG WORK ETHIC: Encourage and reward poor people who are able and are willing to work very hard to break the back of poverty. We strongly believe that the medicine for poverty is hard work.
- EMPOWERMENT: Giving the poor the opportunity to solve their own problems, help others become useful and productive people. Each person to take initiatives and make decisions to improve services and performance, determine their own destiny and the future of their children and country.
- SELF- SUFFICIENCY: To ultimately use local resources to sustain our programs for the poor in Liberia by providing and putting into place Agricultural businesses, goods and services to generate enough funds to cover reoccurring operating cost and maintenance of infrastructures.
- SELFLESSNESS: To humbly serve the poor above self interest and ambitions.
- INTEGRITY: To be genuine and trustworthy in our work and services to humanity.
- EXCELLENCE: To serve the needy with excellence in everything we do.
- GOOD STEWARDSHIP: To be faithful stewards of the resources God and other people have entrusted into our hands.
- COMMUNITY: To establish a culture of share values, purpose, mission and vision.
- RELATIONSHIP: To build a relational organization.